Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sad News

I write this with a very heavy heart. I am very sad to tell you all that I found out yesterday that I lost the baby. I started bleeding yesterday afternoon when my mom and were out shopping in Hendersonville and I called Ashley and she met us and we went to Summit and she did an ultrasound to confirm what my body was already telling me. As some of you know, and I know others would not have since it wasn't public knowledge, this is actually my second miscarriage. I had a second ultrasound at the Medical Center here in Bowling Green to officially tell what Ashley already had and I am scheduled for a D&C on tomorrow (Monday) morning at 11:00. I am going to also have several tests to hopefully find some answers as to why I can so easily get pregnant (only took one month the first time and two months the second time) but not stay pregnant. These tests can't be run, though, for about 6 weeks because the pregnancy hormones must be completely out of my body before they can be run. Please pray that they find something through these tests to help JoeDan and I find some answers as to why we are going through this and how we can prevent it from happening (if that is possible) next time. Pray that it is something that is easily fixed and not something that is nonpreventable.

I am happy to say that our spirits are not as down as they were last time and that we truly feel that we will one day be the parents that we know we are meant to be, whether that be through biological or adopted children. I am so grateful that you all are in my life and your prayers are much appreciated. I am not in a state to want to talk right now, but did want my friends and family to know what was going on. Please, if you have told any friends, family, etc. tell them what is going on. This is not something I am trying to hide. I would much rather them hear this from you than to not know and run into me and congratulate me and/or JoeDan. I don't feel that we could handle that.

I love you all and will talk to you soon. In time, this too will pass and we will have wonderful things to look forward to again. We just need time to heal and talk to the doctors to see what our next step is...there has to be an answer! I just know there has to be!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Laura, I will be praying for you and your body to heal. I will pray the doctors will immediately find out what is wrong. Don't be worried or anxious. God is not surprised by what is happening. His plan will be perfect timing for you to be the best mommy ever at just the right time! Love you. Heather

Adrienne said...

i'm sorry about your loss laura-- stay strong, and you'll be meeting your new baby before you know it! just a suggestion, but you may want to contact a nutritionist as well-- my friend brandy is a stay-at-home mom and a surrogate, and was having big issues with the first surrogacy until she completely changed her diet. we eat so much food that is laced with toxins and growth hormones and our bodies are not equipped to break them down properly. as a result, the number of miscarriages amongst girls our age (keep in mind too, these are the cases that are reported) have increased drastically over the last 15 years. anyways, i'm an artist not a doctor, i just want to help :)

you will be a mommy gorgeous!

xoxo
a