Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dr. Visit and update

Well, this visit was pretty uneventful. I just met with the doctor's assistant and got all my paperwork done and lots of blood drawn. My mother-in-law went with me since JoeDan has no clue about his family's health history. We were in and out in about 45 minutes. I had to weigh...not fun! I've already gained 6 pounds...this is not looking good! I guess I'm going to have to start exercising a lot more. I don't feel that I'm eating too unhealthy. No midnight runs for ice cream or anything like that. I really haven't changed my eating habits that much, except paying more attention to getting all my vitamins and calcium. Guess I'll just have to watch everything closely and make sure I am not one of those women that gains 70 pounds. I would die!

My next doctor's visit is Wednesday, April 23 (my last day in my 20s!). JoeDan will go to this visit with me. We should get to hear the heartbeat, which will be amazing! I am ready for an eventful visit that helps me to know that I'm really pregnant. Other than gaining weight, I don't really feel that different. Still no morning sickness, thank goodness! Most of my clothes haven't gotten tight...though some dress pants have, the lined ones that don't give any...I hate those pants right now...they are causing my work wardrobe to get really small! Thank goodness April has been declared "Jeans Month" at school. Teachers could donate $1 a day to wear jeans. I gave the full month's worth. I figured that would help me be able to wear regular clothes a little longer. I am going to go shopping with my mom for maternity clothes this weekend. It seems very strange! She says though that I need to have them in the closet and ready so I don't wake up one morning and my tummy has popped out over night and nothing fits. She says she can remember that happening to her and it was very depressing and frustrating. I definitely don't want to have to go through that.

No comments: