Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound on Wednesday and it was incredible! Of course, the baby wasn't big enough to see much, but just seeing that little peanut (that's what the doctor called it) sure made everything feel real. Up to now it hasn't really felt real. I guess that's why we hadn't really wanted to tell anyone. It just felt like we were saying, "Hey, we're having a baby!" yet it hadn't really sunk in to us at all. They gave us two pictures and a video. I think I've looked at those pictures a million times already. Again, it just helps it to feel real. Ashley says the pictures are not good at all and that I need to go to Summit and let her scan me and get some good ones. But, to me they are wonderful! We have our next visit on April 8. We'll just be meeting with the doctor's assistant to answer a bunch of questions about family history and for her to tell us all the do's and don'ts of pregnancy. I feel like I already know a lot just from family, friends, and my week-by-week book. I'll also get my blood drawn again (this will make four times) to make sure my HCG level is rising as it should. Hopefully all will still be well. I feel very positive about everything and so does JoeDan. That has to count for something!!! Continue to pray!

3 comments:

Anna Phillips said...

We are so happy for ya'll, Laura. What a great mommy you will be! If you need anything at all, please feel free to call me anytime. We can go through this together! At least for the next few months! ha ha

Lori Smith said...

Nick & I are so happy for you both. You will love being pregnant and learning all the things the baby does as it grows with you. Call me anytime you want to chat about the pregnancy as it will consume your brain!!! We will be praying for you and JoeDan as this journey continues. Our babies will be 2 months apart! How fun :) Love ya Lots!

Anonymous said...

Brian and I are so happy for you guys. What a blessing this is! Please know that we are here for you guys if you need anything. I appreciate all the support you gave me through my pregnancy and after. I will offer advice or any knowledge I might have gained during my pregnancy to you. That's great that Sophie and and your little one will be close in age. I'm so glad you haven't experienced any morning sickness throughout your pregnancy so far. I hear that is terrible!!! I will continue to check your Blog to stay in the loop of how things are going but please call me any time. We love you guys!!!